Fall 2019 Life Groups
Week of September 29 – Week of November 17, 2019
Did you know we were created for community? One of the first things God says in Genesis is, “It is not good that the human should be alone” (Genesis 2:18). We are social creatures who were created for community with God and with one another. At Pecan Street Mission, community is one of our core spiritual practices.
Twice a year, we gather groups of people from diverse walks of life into 8-week intentional Christian communities — Life Groups. These groups covenant to meet weekly to do three things:
- Eat Together – Groups share simple community meals each time they gather. This might look like coffee and muffins at Trinity Street Coffee Bar or a potluck style meal around a family dinner table. Holy moments happen around the table, so every time groups gather, we eat!
- Explore Together — Groups explore discussions around where faith and life intersect. Grounded each week in a particular passage of scripture, groups hold communal discussions where no single person is “the expert with the answers.” We’re all on this journey together, so we gather to explore what faith looks like on the ground; in community, “we make the path by walking.”
- Pray Together — Prayer takes many forms, but each week, groups find a way to “practice” tuning their hearts to the heart of God. This might look like praying with our children at the dinner table, spending a few moments in silent holy listening, one person offering up a prayer on behalf of the group, or using crayons to draw in prayer together. Through prayer, we practice re-tuning our hearts more closely to God.
Fall Life Groups will begin the week of September 29, 2019, and conclude the week of November 17, 2019. We are happy to help with childcare accommodations, just let us know in advance!
Sunday Lunch Life Group
- Sunday Afternoons
- 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- At various downtown restaurants
- Hosted by Megan Everitt
Tuesday Morning Life Group
- Tuesday Mornings
- 7:00 a.m. – 8:15 a.m.
- at Trinity Street Coffee Bar
Tuesday Night Life Group
- Tuesday Evenings
- 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- at the home of Ricky Harrison (Decatur)
- Facilitated by Kate Bosworth
**Childcare Available at FUMC Decatur
Sign up below and Pastor Ricky will be in touch with more information – or send Ricky an email with any questions you might have!